Functional Skills English Entry Levels, Level 1 & 2
Functional skills English is suitable for anyone wishing to improve their English in order to up skill prior to enrolment to a higher level programme or for progression within the labour market. You can access functional skills for FREE (subject to funding eligibility). This course is accessible for anyone aged 16 and above.
Functional Skills English is assessed through three units
- Unit 1: Speaking, Listening & Communication is assessed by your teacher and you have an opportunity to meet each criterion at least once, through formal and informal discussions.
- Unit 2: Reading is assessed by an exam.
- Unit 3: Writing is assessed by an exam. At Levels 1 and 2, the exam is also available as an on-screen test.
Functional Skills qualifications can be equivalent to a GCSE at Level 1 and 2.
September, October, January, March, May
- 16-19 Education Funding (subject to availability and eligibility)
- 19+ Adult Education Budget