Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
The Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care, a NVQ Level 3 qualification, gives you the skills you need to work in a care setting or go on to a degree programme in health and social care. You will learn about effective communication, equality, diversity and rights, and development through the life stages. The course is demanding with a strong theoretical base.
You will learn the following
- Developing effective communication in health and social care
- Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care
- Health, safety and security in health and social care
- Development through life stages
- Fundamentals of anatomy and physiology for health and social care
- Personal and professional development in health and social care
- Sociological perspectives for health and social care
- Psychological perspectives for health and social care
- Values and planning
Students must undertake initial assessments in English and Maths and achieve a minimum Level 1 in English and Entry Level 3 in Maths. Students who hold GCSEs in English and Maths at Grade C/Grade 4 or above will meet minimum entry requirements.
All students must undertake work experience in a care/childcare setting as part of this course. Work placement settings require students to obtain a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) enhanced check to demonstrate that they are suitable to work with vulnerable people and/or children.
- Care support workers in adult residential settings
- Healthcare assistants in community, primary care and acute health environments
- Care support workers in domiciliary services, supported living or day services
- Community-based support workers.
- Higher Education studies – degree programme in Health Care
- Advanced Learner Loans (19+)